Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dalwangan's herbal healer

I hitched on my brother-in-law's multi-cab to Dalwangan, a barangay along Malaybalay City's long highway to Cagayan De Oro.

I was looking for Nanay Juling (ho-ling) for a simple get-to-know session --also to consult her about a skin allergy. I found her in a distant neighbor's house performing a 'hilot' (massage) to an elderly woman.

The 66-year old diminutive Bukidnon herbalist-healer beamed when I greeted her.

Nanay Juling is popular in the barangay as many people attribute to her facilitation how they escaped some ailments. Her contacts extend to the city as she is also a registered Barangay Health Worker.

The elderly "hilot" has a comforting smile, a motherly touch, and a poise full of sincerity and wisdom.

More of her in the next stories.

2 comments:

Hiyas A. Segovia said...

Hi Walter! Musta? I will not give comment about the herbal. I am just happy to see you in the web. Im your classmate in Grade 5 in MCS. I have'nt heard and seen you since then. Im Hiyas A. Segovia, u still remember me? We go home together with your brother and sisters. Im just happy to see you. Hope I can hear from you soon. This is my email ad Hprogella@yahoo.com Thanks and Godbless

Hiyas A. Segovia said...

I dont know whats the other to reach you, so I just write here in the comment area.Thank you and regards.